• Do you have unusually low water pressure?
  • Are there any visible signs of water around the property?
  • Can you hear a noise of running water with no taps on?

All of the above signs are an indication that you might have a burst water supply pipe. Your water supply pipe runs from the outside stopcock to the inside stopcock. These are the taps that you use to isolate the water to your home/business. The outside stopcock is usually under a small cover generally just outside the border to your property and the inside one is usually sited under the sink or in a downstairs toilet. Occasionally you might have several inside stopcocks.

Unless you have visible water that is causing a hazard it is not necessary to isolate your supply by turning off the outside stopcock. Your first call to action is to phone us on 0118 989 1500 and we will assess the urgency of the issue that you have, we will then arrange for our surveyor to come out and physically assess the situation and explain the best plan of action to resolve the problem. Our friendly and knowledgeable office staff are always happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hamblin Watermains 0118 989 1500 for all your water supply pipe needs